Good & Gasp #2
Social Impact Bonds, Enviro-investing, Microfinance Failures
Themes that caught my attention, interest or made my eyes roll while roaming the web world of doing good:
- Social Impact Bonds – what’s the next step in this innovative financial instrument for social enterprises?
- Environmental Impact Investing – how is environmental entrepreneurship different from “social” for the sake of impact investing?
- Microfinance Failures – what can we learn from ex-SKS Microfinance’s CEO Vikram Akula’s admission of failure?
- Social Value vs. Social Change – is it better to talk of social “change” or “value” and what is the important difference?
- Sustainability by 2050 – 81% of companies apparently claim they already incorporated sustainability in their organizations… are we screwed, then?
- Prediction Markets for Randomized Control Trials – how can we use prediction markets to help make better decisions on randomized control trials?